Clan Rarity List

Forum rules
Anything posted here is publically visible, no permissions required
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benjamin
Forum Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Clan Rarity List

Post by Benjamin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Clan Rarity list

Selecting a clan can be one of the most fun parts of character creation and I want to give everyone the opportunity to bring their inner visions to the playing field. That being said, this is a setting and not all clans and bloodlines are created equal in terms of raw power or rarity. As such to represent differences there are differing requirements in order to put your vision into play.

Common clans: the pillar clans of the camarila. These clans require no special background or permissions in order to play. Standard character creation applies. Also requires a basic background to ensure a consistent continuity.

Uncommon clans and bloodlines: these clans are a little more rare than their standard camarilla counterparts. While it is not unheard of to see one or two in a Camarilla city it is still not the norm. These clans require a 2exp merit and require a more detailed back story that answers why your kindred decided to rub the elbows with the Camarilla. In addition please submit a basic concept via notes to staff for preliminary approval.

Rare clans: these are exceptionally rare to see in the a Camarilla domain and in some cases there may only be a few left in the entire world. Playing these characters comes with a price tag require a 4exp merit and are subject to restrictions by staff. A detailed background is required in addition to required merit, this back ground should include how you came to be affiliated with the camarilla.

Rare bloodlines:

Common Clans (Free, No special approval required)
Brujah
Gangrel
Malkavian
Nosferatu
Toreador
Tremere
Ventrue

Uncommon Clans (2 point merit, Approval required, backstory required)
Assamites
Followers of Set
Lasombra
Tzimisce
Catiff

Uncommon Bloodlines (2 point merit, approval required, backstory required)
Telyav
Anda
Gangrel (City)

Rare Clans (4 point merit, special approval required, backstory required)
Giovanni
Ravnos
Salubri (Healer)

Rare Bloodlines (4 point merit, special approval required, backstory required)
Daughters of Cacophony
Samedi
Kiasyd
Nagaraja
Tzimice (old clan)

Restricted Clans
Cappadocian
True Brujah

Restricted Bloodlines (Not available, exceptions may be granted after full staff review of concept and backstory)
Ahrimanes *No system for Spiritus*
Baali
Bonsam *No system for Abombwe*
Children of Osiris *No system for Bardo*
Danava
Gargoyles
Harbingers of Skulls
Impundul *No system for haunting path*
Lamiae
Lhiannan *Story*
[Censored by Clan Nosferatu] *Story*
Salubri (Warrior)
Salubri (Watcher)
I've messed around with you for far too long, lets purge this time again! -Unknown

Benjamin
Forum Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Clan Rarity List

Post by Benjamin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:04 pm

NOTE: Backstory minimum length has been removed as a requirement for certain clans.

-Staff
I've messed around with you for far too long, lets purge this time again! -Unknown

Benjamin
Forum Master

Re: Clan Rarity List

Post by Benjamin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:31 pm

For merit xp value refer to the book, I may have made some mistakes when I wrote this.