Status Updates

Forum rules
ANYTHING POSTED HERE IS PUBLICALLY VISIBLE, NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hobbes
Forum Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Status Updates

Post by Hobbes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:13 am

Post any status updates here so I can be sure to add them.
- Hobbes Goode
Elder Harpy of the Domain of Yerba Sur
Guardian, Noble, Prominent, Loyal, and Acclaimed.

Hobbes
Forum Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Status Updates

Post by Hobbes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:16 am

I think I've gotten all the characters I met on Friday included in the Status board. I also have awarded Status based on position or Social Class if I knew it.

Are you an Elder? (Over 300 years active, and 3 or more dots of Generation) That will get you 3 Status.
Are you an Ancilla? (Over 50 years active and 2 or more dots of Generation) That will get you 1 Status.
- Hobbes Goode

Autumn
Forum Ancilla

Post by Autumn » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Autumn: Confirmed, Established, Privileged (Elder)

Lesser Status Ban
“I am what I am.
I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me.
But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer.”

Seneschal Autumn of Yerba Sur
Elder of Clan Gangrel

Autumn
Forum Ancilla

Post by Autumn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:14 pm

Autumn: Seneschal
“I am what I am.
I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me.
But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer.”

Seneschal Autumn of Yerba Sur
Elder of Clan Gangrel

ElliottIves
Forum Neonate

Post by ElliottIves » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:08 pm

Ives has Prestigious Sire (Loyal, innate).
Elliott Ives
Childe of Katalin, childe of Violetta, childe of Francois Villon
Confirmed, Established, Privileged, and Loyal

Adam
Forum Master

Post by Adam » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:49 pm

Important thing to note on status (it's an extra, but important step):

Remember that each week you get to declare the source of your abiding status, provided you have multiple sources of it. It makes things slightly more complicated, but it's an important thing to note (I don't think you need to throw extra work on us for this by posting here on a weekly basis, but it is something you should keep in mind)

asa_wheeler_tm
Forum Ancilla

Post by asa_wheeler_tm » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Adam wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:49 pm
Important thing to note on status (it's an extra, but important step):

Remember that each week you get to declare the source of your abiding status, provided you have multiple sources of it. It makes things slightly more complicated, but it's an important thing to note (I don't think you need to throw extra work on us for this by posting here on a weekly basis, but it is something you should keep in mind)
This sounds like:
  • an honor system enforced IC with minor IC scandal when someone tries to wear two hats at once
  • the first thing you do with a source of abiding status, determines which hat you're wearing
  • you may even be expected to declare or imply what gives you the status you're using--e.g. "As I am the Bishop of Canterbury, I <Active Use Power of Guardian>" or "By my Authority (said the Prince) such-and-such is so".
Am I :+1: to run with this as a right according-to-the-rules expectation of how things work?
It matters which stories tell stories
It matters which ideas we use to think other ideas

"The philosopher, pacing his oriental rug, was in a dark mood."

Fr de Acosta
Forum Pretender

Post by Fr de Acosta » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:47 pm

I believe this is actually considered to be an OOC enforced rule.

If someone consistently waited until the moment it was useful to pick which Status to use (positional or age), I wouldn't talk to the Harpy ICly, I would talk to Staff OOCly with a cheating complaint.

Staff? Harpy? Am I right on this?

asa_wheeler_tm
Forum Ancilla

Post by asa_wheeler_tm » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Fr de Acosta wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:47 pm
I believe this is actually considered to be an OOC enforced rule.

If someone consistently waited until the moment it was useful to pick which Status to use (positional or age), I wouldn't talk to the Harpy ICly, I would talk to Staff OOCly with a cheating complaint.

Staff? Harpy? Am I right on this?
The more I think about it, the more I think it is and must be a rule enforced IC. In fact, I'd expect Elders, Princes, Harpies, Nobles and anyone else who can declare someone Vulgar, to do so when they catch another Cammie vampire trying to use the Status of two hats at once.
It is better from a game design view, because it is one fewer things to stop play and grab Staff for unfun OOC disciplinary action, and adds one more thing to drive IC play--which is probably the closest we can get to "adds more fun" from a designing-the-social-game perspective.

Enforcing the customs of whatever sect you are through social interactions, with whatever social tools are at your disposal, is basically what the Status game is about--and so is trying to cheat basically every social rule of the sect. What fleeting and abiding status can't give you as far as shielding, you can probably buy with boons if you're savvy, or patronage if you make yourself a vassal.

And, distributing the load to ALL who can sling Vulgar as a Negative Status, makes bribing the Harpy not conflict with how this rule is enforced, and keeps the Harpy from becoming the sole OP arbiter of who can or cannot get away with slinging the abiding Status of two hats at once.

It DOES makes sense to me, too, that maybe a Kindred who is both Sheriff and Elder, doesn't get to throw around Elder status while explicitly acting as Sheriff--but I also dig on the looming informal threats that mirror real life, that such a person can go either way until they sling Status from one source of station or the other.

I think maybe always waiting to see which abiding Status set to use until the moment of, might actually be a right way to play, and that it makes the most sense to have the one-hat-only rule be enforced by any Kindred who can sling Vulgar within that Domain and/or Sect.

Edit/P.S.
I also think it makes the most sense that rampant abuses of Status which need to be addressed by Staff, sometimes get addressed by the intervention of NPCs enforcing the social standards on PCs, which in turn feed back into moar politicking IC and that whole web of intrigues experience thematically ingrained in Vampire--right up to the Ominous NPCs.

Second Edit/P.P.S.
Can this post of mine please be moved to its own Discussion thread? I started talking here, and then only just now realized this could really spam out what was meant to be a "Tell us Status actions so we can log them on the Status page!" thread. Sorry all, mea culpa.

Alessa
Forum Neonate

Post by Alessa » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:04 am

From what I can tell, this is answered pretty simply in the book:
Status Caps
A vampire’s status cap is the maximum number of status
traits that vampire can carry into game. A vampire can
carry the following into game:
• All status from one abiding status source
• All innate status
• Up to 5 fleeting status
• All negative status currently affecting the character;
with no maximum number
Not considering Status Bans, of course. Implies that you pick at the start of the night which hat you are wearing.

Also, the following also from the book:
A vampire instinctively spends her time monitoring and
measuring her place in society, comparing her station against
others. Like a wolf, she knows her rank in the pack and is
keenly aware of any social ascent or decline. Status is the
game mechanic used by Mind’s Eye Theatre: Vampire The
Masquerade to express this alien behavior and translate it
into out-of-game terms.
It's ultimately up to the Storytellers of course, but as far as I can tell, this implies to me that the Status system is an OOC representation of ingrained vampire behavioral instincts, and you should no more be able to game the system or opt out than you should be able to opt out of the Beast Trait and Humanity system.

(Staff, when you move the above post to a discussion thread, please also move this one! Thank you! <3)
Unattended childer will be taught the origins of their bloodline.

asa_wheeler_tm
Forum Ancilla

Post by asa_wheeler_tm » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:39 am

Alessa wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:04 am

Also, the following also from the book:
A vampire instinctively spends her time monitoring and
measuring her place in society, comparing her station against
others. Like a wolf, she knows her rank in the pack and is
keenly aware of any social ascent or decline. Status is the
game mechanic used by Mind’s Eye Theatre: Vampire The
Masquerade to express this alien behavior and translate it
into out-of-game terms.
It's ultimately up to the Storytellers of course, but as far as I can tell, this implies to me that the Status system is an OOC representation of ingrained vampire behavioral instincts, and you should no more be able to game the system or opt out than you should be able to opt out of the Beast Trait and Humanity system.

(Staff, when you move the above post to a discussion thread, please also move this one! Thank you! <3)
From all the play I've seen, this Status-is-an-innate-vampiric-quality-like-Humanity thing has been entirely thrown out the window, in favor of a Status-is-a-social-construct-of-vampiric-societies approach.

If we DO go to this Status-is-an-innate-vampiric-quality thing, cool--but that seriously moves the line on what is and isn't say-able IC, for like a third of the threads in the Elysium board, and the language of the Prince's Proclamations, and that's just what we all can see on the in-character boards.

But I agree--I need a ruling one way or the other, if only so that I know what to expect as historic and current status quo across Camarilla Domains.
https://sbm.endogaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=460#p1678 wrote:Article II: Domains of Asylum.
Section A: Domains of Asylum will be granted to upstanding, Statused, members of the domain only. All Domains of Asylum must be submitted to the Prince for approval prior to declaration.
Subsection (1): The minimum status for consideration for Domains of Asylum shall be two abiding or fleeting status, or combination therof.
Subsection (2): If a kindred of standing should fall below the status minimum, previously approved Domains of Asylum will continue to be recognized. Further application for Domains of Asylum will not be granted until the kindred archives the status prerequisite.

Aurvandil
Forum Neonate

Post by Aurvandil » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:20 am

Twain Møller got made Constable the game before this most recent one. Also he needs an entry on the Status chart, looks like. Gangrel Neonate, never officially left the Camarilla.
Twain Møller, Clan Gangrel

I feel like ten men,
nine dead and one dying.

Catherine Stevens
Forum Ancilla

Post by Catherine Stevens » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:44 pm

I just realized that Catherine is missing a Favored. She got Favored by both Simon Gregory and the Harpy.
“With how many things are we on the brink of becoming acquainted, if cowardice or carelessness did not restrain our inquiries.”
“The world was to me a secret which I desired to devine.”
-Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Hobbes
Forum Master

Post by Hobbes » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Fixed.
- Hobbes Goode

Maelynn Duponte
Forum Neonate

Post by Maelynn Duponte » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:51 pm

Maelynn Duponte: Confirmed, Loyal
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”

Maelynn Duponte
Deputy of The Domain of Yerba Sur
Ancilla of The Clan of The Rose, Confirmed, Loyal, Favored & Defender In the eyes of The Camarilla
Childe of Aeron Lloyd, Toreador Elder "The Prince Protector/The Prince's Sword" (Prestigious Sire)

Maelynn Duponte
Forum Neonate

Post by Maelynn Duponte » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:41 am

Maelynn: Deputy, Favored by Alessa
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”

Maelynn Duponte
Deputy of The Domain of Yerba Sur
Ancilla of The Clan of The Rose, Confirmed, Loyal, Favored & Defender In the eyes of The Camarilla
Childe of Aeron Lloyd, Toreador Elder "The Prince Protector/The Prince's Sword" (Prestigious Sire)

Gregoryprito
Forum Pretender

Post by Gregoryprito » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:22 pm

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingultramaficrockultraviolettesting